Sunday, May 3, 2009

And she's done

Done with my final leg down highway 9 through Boulder Creek and Ben Lomond. Kept myself distracted by thinking of all the crazy stories from the river sample sites in the area from my days at the Waterboard. (thanks for all the good memories Erin. I could almost smell the potstickers at the market). It was rough and i'm glad to be done. Despite the lies my Garmin told me on course I actually stayed on pace :) Maybe that's because its one of my favorite stretches of road, emerald green ferns and towering redwoods. Not a bad way to end the day. Did like the quote on the sign outside the Boulder Creek Community Church at mile 4 of my 6.3 leg "tough times never last but tough people do." True dat.

The hand-off technique gets a little sloppy when you've lost the baton in the middle of the night and the high five becomes more of a "yea! You're not dead" congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment