Tuesday, December 18, 2012

And so it begins...AGAIN!

OK for those of you that are new and want some context to why I run check out this post. I had such good intentions of running CIM this last December in Sacramento (as much fun as that apocalyptic rain looked). What I've come to learn is that I had drastically underestimated how much time I would spend not running in 2012, and instead getting settled into my new life in Sacramento/Rocklin after living in San Luis Obispo for 20 of my 30 years. I've moved 3 times in 18 months, and it turns out that it takes some time to get settled and adjust. Finally after almost a year in Sac I feel like I have a new normal. So the time has come to get the cause back on track.

I am once again Running for PKD or rather to end it. After a fantastically fun and successful 10k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving I figured the time was right to really resume training. So I'm all signed up for Shamrock'n Half Marathon (a 13.1 mile race) on March 17th, 2013. I'm currently running around 20 miles a week with 13 weeks to go. Things look good and I finally feel my running form is returning.

I apologize in advance for the countless blog posts, tweets (follow me at @EKurze, or #ShamrockinWhiskey) and FaceBook updates regarding this half marathon and my fundraising efforts.

I invite you to donate to my Run to End PKD fundraising effort. Thank you in advance for your support.

 Roseville Turkey Trot 10K Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment